In a city known for its nightlife, there are also many daytime activities that can be fun. For families or couples looking for Las Vegas daytime activities to escape the heat, here are some of our favorites on the strip:
You might not think of Vegas as a family-friendly city, but you’d be surprised how many activities can be found for young and old. Check out these awesome adventures in Las Vegas:
1. Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum: Located in the Venetian, Madame Tussaud’s has over 100 wax celebrities. The interactive museum includes movie stars, sports hero’s, musicians and entertainers of all kinds. Props scattered throughout the museum makes taking pictures with celebs lots of fun! It’s a fun attraction in Las Vegas for the whole family!
2. Mandalay Bay Shark Reef: Located inside Mandalay Bay, this attraction is definitely geared for families with children. Walk underneath to experience sharks, sea turtles, huge saltwater fish and more swimming all around you! You can also take the opportunity to touch and feel stingrays in a shallow pool while enjoying all the other marine life inside the underground aquariums. The shark tunnel is pretty awesome too, and seeing a large squid swimming around right next to you is pretty great! It’s a perfect activity to see in Vegas during the day.
3. Gondola Ride: Located inside and outside of at the Venetian, the Gondola ride is perfect for a romantic stroll on the water. Either ride includes a personal Gondolier, serenading Italian tunes to add to the atmosphere. And if the heat is an issue, head inside for a lovely stroll through the Grand Canal. But if you want the romance of a sunset ride, choose the outdoor option. Either one will leave you with a smile on your face.
4. Premium Outlet Mall: Who doesn’t like shopping? Just jump on the bus and it drops you right at the doorstep of the Outlet Mall. (You can get 24 hour passes.) There’s a north outlet and south outlet mall at each end of the strip filled with all your favorite stores! Who doesn’t like Las Vegas daytime activities that include shopping?
There are many awesome fountains to see while in Vegas, but none quite like the Bellagio Fountain show. Set to popular music, the fountain show is a majestic display of lights, water, and rhythmic water dancing. And no one show is like another. You can catch this fountain magic experience every 30 minutes from 3-7 pm and every 15 minutes from 7 pm – midnight. Believe me – it’s a display not to be missed!
Did you know that the Observation Wheel at the LINQ in Las Vegas is actually the world’s second tallest ferris wheel – 550 feet above the strip? It’s a fantastic way to see the entire Vegas strip with incredible 360-degree views. The cabins are large enough to fit a family of up 40 people. (That’s a huge family!) The ride is 30 minutes long and daytime prices are $23.50 for adults and $8.50 for youth (kids under 4 are free). Night tickets jump up to $34.75/$17.50. And if you really want to whoop it up – try Happy Hour rides for fun and drinks.
5. Old Vegas: Have some fun inside the original casinos and hotels of Vegas on Freemont Street. This was actually one of my favorite sites to see. Located North of the strip, the bus drops you off as one of scenic stops along the way. Complete with old western signs, original casinos and even original slot machines, Old Vegas can be a fun attraction to add to your Vegas trip. And the Freemont Street Experience – complete with a zip across the entire area on the SlotZilla Zipline – is the ultimate way to see Old Vegas!
There are many more attractions to be seen, but here are just a few to start you out. For the complete list, check out Vegas.com 🙂